Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 4,2011

The only two words I know to use to describe today would be: gigantic adventure. My Tuesday started off with a trip to the doctor where I was prescribed some medicine for my panic attacks, and told I might need to see a psychologist (don't know how I feel about that one yet). After that I went over to my best friend's house and was welcome by some very interesting contractors working on her house. I think the correct adjective to describe them would be "sketch." We went to Wok, the Chinese buffet in town and had a scrumptious meal of "Chinese" food that is really American- Chinese food but noone knows the difference because we live in Hueytown, AL, for Christ's sake. After that, we spent the afternoon mostly driving around, talking and discovering places in the Hueytown area that I haven't seen in a long time. One of those places includes a gigantic rocking chair in Pleasant Grove that is in front of a nursing home. It's remarkable that we didn't get in trouble for trekking up to the decrepit chair. This is the infamous chair, and has you can probably notice, it is broken. I wonder how many residents of the nursing home it took to climb their fragile bodies up into the chair for it to break...
All in all, today was adventurous. At the end of the day, the thing I am most thankful for are memories and smiles. I am thankful for good friends and remembering the good times with ones who are gone. I am thankful I am alive and breathing, and I am thankful for good people who hold me up when I feel like I am breaking apart. <3 

2 comments:

  1. I love you, best friend. I had a great time today and am so glad we got to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I know this is probably the last person you wanna hear from, but... I know that when things like this happen, sometimes it takes a little bit more than just your friends that you still have to cope(notice how I didn't say "get over it" because, well, let's face it, no one is ever really going to get over it)... If you're feeling offended by the doctors recommendation to see a psychologists, I don't think (s)he meant to offend you. Also, the doctor might've meant to have said therapist(yes, there's a difference). Psychologists help find the problem and give you medication to help with it and therapists are there for you to talk to and(I'm assuming) give you advice and tips on how to help yourself heal(as much as possible). Furthermore, and I'm sure if you've talked to anyone about this they've said it too, you might want to seek help from God... I know I'm one to talk and should probably take my own advice, but it's true. He can bring some great relief sometimes... I was listening to Better Than A Hallelujah, which is the last song I heard her sing and the song she was supposed to sing that Sunday morning and as I listened, over and over again I realized that... in a way, her last message to us is more true now than ever. We pour out our miseries, God just hears a melody. Beautiful, the mess we are; the honest cries of breaking hearts: are better than a hallelujah. Well... I can't really remember why I started this, I just kind of felt like I had to... Your Sister In Christ-- Jane G.

    ReplyDelete