Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 9, 2011

The words of the day? Birthdays and blizzards. Woke up today around 8 am for breakfast- some scrumtious monkey bread- and then went back to bed for a power nap. When I woke back up it was time to celebrate Amanda's (Wade's moms) birthday with a decorated kitchen and some spaghetti lunch with the family. After a 2-hour delayed start, we finally hit the road back towards Birmingham, despite the warnings of all our family members combined, and ran into icy roads, sleet, and snow. Making it into Birminghan wasn't the hard part, but the journey from my parent's house to Steven's house in Tuscaloosa was a treacherous journey. After being given a ziplock bag of Boston butt meat, and plenty of blankets (just in case we broke down on the side of the raod in 20 degree weather), we got on the road again. I think the 40 minute ride to Tuscaloosa from Hueytown took about and hour and 20 minutes today because we were going right at 40 miles per hour, or under, the whole way there. I have to admit, it's not very thrilling to pass over patches of ice that might pssibly send you flying to your death. I also don't think I have ever been to Walmart in conditions like I did tonight. Spending all day in a car was not very thrilling, but making it safely somewhere and getting to stay there is very fulfilling.
The picture above shows the GPS that Wade's Nana so graciously gifted to Wade on the exact day that we would need it. Look in the bottom right hand corner. See that 25? That was the speed we were traveling at one point on I 20-59. Yeah, I know- EPIC. Thankfull, classes were canceled for tomorrow, so look forward to some pictures of the snow...let's hope so, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment